Skip to main content

Soapbox Coconut Oil Shampoo & Conditioner #SudsySelfie Review

Disclaimer: I tested these Soapbox products for free, but all opinions are my own.

For my first #voxbox, I received a full size sample of Soapbox Coconut Oil Shampoo & Conditioner from Influenster. I was a little skeptical when I received it because I had never heard of this brand. I was excited to try these products because it said it would leave my hair moisturized. Everyone who knows me know I have extremely dry hair. I have tried so may different shampoos and conditioners and nothing seems to work. Nonetheless, I remained optimistic during this experiment.Soapbox hair care products contain Vitamins E and K, and Coconut Oil. These products do not contain any sulfates or parabens. These products  as well as other Soapbox products can be purchased at Target or via Soapbox website. 

What I admired about this company/brand is their mission. For every bottle purchased, clean water, soap or vitamins will be donated to those in need all over the world.  On the back of each bottle is a "hope code". If you go to www.soapboxsoaps.com/hope and enter the code, you will be able to to track who your purchased helped.Although I received these products for free, I was interested in seeing whose lives have been blessed. Using the codes on the back of the shampoo and conditioner bottles, I was able to see since 2007, China's project is called the clean water project which has served over 90,000 children daily. Since 2012, India's project is called the clean water, hygiene education, and sanitation project which has also served over 17,000 children daily. Support their movement and and make a difference in another child's life.

The best way to describe the texture of the shampoo is creamy, silky and smooth. I loved the tropical smell of this product. However, due to my hair texture, I had to use a generous amount of the shampoo for it to lather nicely. Nonetheless, I would use this product again because it did not leave my hair feeling greasy or heavy. It left my scalp feeling squeaky clean and refreshed. 

I am on the fence about the conditioner. It was not the greatest nor was it the worst.The texture is creamy and very thick which I loved. However, the following day, my hair was looked dull, dry and brittle. It was also very difficult to detangle and manage my hair. I would not use the conditioner again, but I would definitely use the shampoo again. Overall, I  am glad I had the opportunity to try these products. You can try them too. If you head over to Influenster, you can obtain Soapbox Voxbox coupons  and save $2.00 off your purchase.

Coconut Oil Shampoo
Coconut Oil Conditioner

What is your favorite moisturizing shampoo and Conditioner?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help! My Parents Drive Me Crazy

A  few years ago, I created a Facebook group for children of Black and Brown parents called “Help! My Parents Drive Me Crazy.” The purpose of this group is to provide a safe, supportive space where adolescents aged 14 and up can connect, share experiences, and discover strategies for navigating adolescence, young adulthood, middle adulthood, and beyond. People from all walks of adolescence and young adulthood are welcome to join, creating a community where we can learn, grow, and support one another . This is a positive, uplifting space — no bashing is allowed. Here, we lift each other up, share our journeys, and celebrate the joys and challenges of growing up and living life as a brown child or young adult. You will find understanding, encouragement, and connection as you navigate the journey of being yourself. Discussion Topics Include: Navigating parent-child relationships Communication strategies with parents Identity, culture, and heritage Buildi...

Week 1: Before I Was Mom, I Was His

Remembering Your Identity Beyond Roles   Scripture: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” — Isaiah 43:1   Reflection:  Before motherhood, before the sleepless nights, before the endless tasks and responsibilities, you were known. You were loved. You were God’s. Motherhood is sacred and life-changing, but it can also quietly blur our sense of self. Over time, it’s easy to measure your value by what you do; diapers changed, meals prepared, schedules kept. And while  these acts of love are meaningful, they are not the totality of who you are.   God calls you first and foremost by your name, not your role. You are His beloved daughter, fearfully and wonderfully made. This week, we begin by remembering that identity. The part of you that exists beyond caregiving, beyond tasks, beyond roles.   Wellness Insight: Wellness begins with presence and awareness. When you recognize that your worth is not ti...

Addiction: Slave To Drugs

Every day, I see a man or woman who is addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. Have you ever thought about what that person's life was like prior to being addicted to drugs and/or alcohol? So many times I often wonder what went wrong in their lives that caused them to turn to drugs and/or alcohol as a way to cope with life. Did they lose a their job? Did they lose a parent, a child or a spouse? They probably faced the same struggles we face on a daily basis. The difference is we were a little stronger to endure the storm. Maybe we had someone to hold our hand as we faced our problems. Perhaps someone to pray for us. Substance Addictions via alcoholism-and-drug-addiction-help Every morning, for almost two years I saw the same woman who was addicted to drugs. January 7, 2013 will forever stay in my mind because thats the day, I noticed she was pregnant. My heart felt for the unborn baby who would be born addicted to drugs. Months went by I saw her a few times, but she was not...